user's feedback

Vlad Dubrovskiy
Hi,

Overall -- a really great thing, my congratulations!

However, as a user I still prefer my outdated XP office for two main reasons

1. I badly lack a possibility to access main menu in the Full Screen mode, as in XP. I use to work in Word for many hours. Any kind of excessive icons, and other unnecessary information is just tiring. However, from time to time I need some of them. For this purpose I tried to customize the Full Screen bar in Writer. It was helpful, but not at all. Sometimes other commands are needed. The easiest way to access them is, of course, Main Menu that in XP Office appears whenever I move a cursor up to the edge of the window. It would be great if similar option would appear in OOo too.

2. A special button for "fit visible" scale would be very useful.

Besides, for some reasons when I select entire file at Writer, the "downsize font" button appears inactive. Very much inconvenient!

Whenever the cursor appears on a list or a table, the respective toolbar appears. Well, it might be a possibility to get rid of it that I just did not explore yet. Still, if it appears, it would be more or less convenient if it would be placed at the top, not somewhere on the page (or, better, this issue should be subject to customization). And last but not least, at least in the Russian version the font at the title of such a toolbar is simply unreadable.

I use Windows XP Pro.

Best regards,

Vlad

Re: user's feedback

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your feedback. It is very welcome. Just some notes inline below:

On 10/27/09 18:57, Vlad Dubrovskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Overall -- a really great thing, my congratulations!

:-) We love to hear that.
> However, as a user I still prefer my outdated XP office for two main reasons

We don't like to hear that. ;-)
> 1. I badly lack a possibility to access main menu in the Full Screen mode, as in XP. I use to work in Word for many hours. Any kind of excessive icons, and other unnecessary information is just tiring. However, from time to time I need some of them. For this purpose I tried to customize the Full Screen bar in Writer. It was helpful, but not at all. Sometimes other commands are needed. The easiest way to access them is, of course, Main Menu that in XP Office appears whenever I move a cursor up to the edge of the window. It would be great if similar option would appear in OOo too.

Would you be willing to create an IssueTracker request for
"Enhancement"? Then you can follow what happens to your request, whether
it gets accepted and implemented or denied and for what reason. See info
on how to file an issue here:
 http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/project_issues.html
> 2. A special button for "fit visible" scale would be very useful.
>
> Besides, for some reasons when I select entire file at Writer, the "downsize font" button appears inactive. Very much inconvenient!

That is inconvenient. It would be very helpful if you could describe
that in an issue, too.
> Whenever the cursor appears on a list or a table, the respective toolbar appears. Well, it might be a possibility to get rid of it that I just did not explore yet. Still, if it appears, it would be more or less convenient if it would be placed at the top, not somewhere on the page (or, better, this issue should be subject to customization). And last but not least, at least in the Russian version the font at the title of such a toolbar is simply unreadable.

The Russian Font being unreadable is really a bad bug. That should
really be filed as a bug in IssueTracker, where you can specify details
so that the testers can find the problem and hopefully bring about a
solution.

> I use Windows XP Pro.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Vlad

Thanks again for your feedback. Like I said, your very valid points
would be well-placed as issues in our tooling, so it would be best to
enter them in IssueTracker (see link above). Then you can follow their
progress and be sure they get attention.

Kind regards,

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel