thinking about the uses (not the UI) of OOo

thinking about the uses (not the UI) of OOo

Graham Perrin
Administrator
On 25 Dec 2008, at 19:25, Joshua Martin wrote:

> It really is necessary to think more about the way our users use the
> software, rather than to think about which user interface elements we
> endorse

+1

As a baseline:

* is there consensus (general agreement) that the most common use is
'word processing'?

Re <http://why.openoffice.org/> leading to <http://why.openoffice.org/why_great.html

I choose the user-generic expression 'word processing' before the UI-
specific expression 'Writer'.