some ideas for the slide sorter

Matthias Mueller-Prove
click http://uxooo.blogspot.com/2009/02/improving-slide-sorter-mode.html

cheers
Matthias

--
User Experience Architect - Desktop Virtualization - Sun Microsystems
http://www.sun.com/virtualization
http://blogs.sun.com/mprove

Sun Microsystems GmbH
Matthias Müller-Prove
Nagelsweg 55
20097 Hamburg
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)40 23 64 68 88

D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer

Re: some ideas for the slide sorter

Jaron Kuppers
Hi Matthias,

I fully agree with all of your statements.  That was a nice summary of the
features that could be changed.

Cheers,
Jaron

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Matthias Mueller-Prove <[hidden email]>wrote:

> click http://uxooo.blogspot.com/2009/02/improving-slide-sorter-mode.html
>
> cheers
> Matthias

Re: some ideas for the slide sorter

Philip Ganchev
I agree with all the suggested improvements.

Also, there should be no scroll bars - if the window is resized to be
smaller, the slide should be reduced to just fit into it. Maybe this
is what Matthias meant by "the entire width of the window should be
used". the default zoom should be "optimal". Unfortunately, the
current implementation of "optimal" does not remove the scroll bars.
If the user changes zooms in, then we can show the scroll bars.