prototype feedback?

LBraun2
Hi,

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_user_interface
I have tempted, a comment to post in already three times.
This isn't possible, because:
"Your comment has been submitted to the moderator for approval."
Why?
What is unwanted at this comment which isn't permitted?

@Frank
"People taking the survey have tested the prototype at least for a moment"

This isn't correct. Your conclusion isn't right.
One can take part in the survey without having seen the prototype.
http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=83679&lang=en

Alex

Re: prototype feedback?

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Alex,

for this list, I was the one to approve your mail :-) Basically it is
required to subscribe to this list, so I've CCed you. Otherwise you
might have missed the my answer...

However, I don't know how the GullFOSS blog works, but from what I can
see you've added an external hyperlink which might cause the moderation.
Otherwise it would be possible to automatically publish spam messages
which would cause even less fun.

Some notes below...

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 18:16 +0200 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_user_interface
> I have tempted, a comment to post in already three times.
> This isn't possible, because:
> "Your comment has been submitted to the moderator for approval."
> Why?
> What is unwanted at this comment which isn't permitted?

> @Frank
> "People taking the survey have tested the prototype at least for a moment"
>
> This isn't correct. Your conclusion isn't right.
> One can take part in the survey without having seen the prototype.
> http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=83679&lang=en

You are right that anybody can take part - the survey isn't a "secret".
Since this is the same system we also use for the other user surveys, it
might be possible to alter the results. Is this a problem? I don't think
so, since we rely on the community to judge correctly.

I just looked at the last 50 results. About 45 of them contained
detailed descriptions - wow! So it seems the people responding to this
survey really try the prototype.

By the way, what was the reason for sending your mail? Is your intention
to warn us about the possibility of wrong survey results?

Have a nice day,