new version 0.15 of the prototype

Bernd Eilers

Hi there!

A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.

This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the height
of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less than
before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.

The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url

http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp

You might eventuall need to delete the last impressprototype.jar file
from your java webstart cache to really get access to the new version.
To do that on Windows go to Start/ControlPanel/Java and choose settings
in the temporary internet files section and than use the clear cache
button on the dialog shown. On other platforms execute the javaws
Program of your java installation and just delete the impressprototype
application from the list shown there.

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi All
[...]

> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp
>

> You might eventuall need to delete the last impressprototype.jar file
> from your java webstart cache to really get access to the new version.
> To do that on Windows go to Start/ControlPanel/Java and choose
> settings in the temporary internet files section and than use the
> clear cache button on the dialog shown. On other platforms execute the
> javaws Program of your java installation and just delete the
> impressprototype application from the list shown there.

Thank you Bernd for the improved prototype and hint about how to view it.

I also had to empty the cache in my Mozilla in order to open the 0.15
prototype
> Kind regards,
> Bernd Eilers
Looking forward to hearing what people think of this version of the
prototype.

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Regina Henschel
Hi Bernd,

Bernd Eilers schrieb:

> Hi there!
>
> A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
>
> This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the height
> of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less than
> before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
>
> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp

I get the error:
Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.

Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
Ressource:
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
gefunden
        at
com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

kind regards
Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Ajay Shyanbhog
Fails to open for me too!

Hi Bernd,

Bernd Eilers schrieb:

> Hi there!
>
> A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
>
> This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the height
> of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less than
> before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
>
> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp

I get the error:
Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.

Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
Ressource:
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
gefunden
    at
com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

kind regards
Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Christoph Noack-4
Hi everybody,

it seems that the content of the prototype is a secret ;-)

I tried without any success (on Ubuntu, Sun Java 6):
      * Sun Java Control Panel: Deleted temporary files (internet cache)
      * Sun Java Policy Tool: Deleted entry Bernd Eilers
      * Firefox: Deleted internet cache data

Any further proposals? Nevertheless, thank you Bernd for announcing it
and - of course - working on the prototype.

Have a nice day,
Christoph

Am Donnerstag, den 13.08.2009, 23:55 +0530 schrieb Ajay:

> Fails to open for me too!
>
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Eilers schrieb:
> >
> > Hi there!
> >
> > A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
> >
> > This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the height
> > of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less than
> > before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
> >
> > The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
> >
> > http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp
> >

> I get the error:
> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.
>
> Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
> Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:
>
> com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
> Ressource:
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
> gefunden
>     at
> com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
> Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> kind regards
> Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Christoph, Hi All

On 08/13/09 21:42, Christoph Noack wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> it seems that the content of the prototype is a secret ;-)

I'm terribly sorry to see that it is defunct. I had called Bernd right
after he posted the link because I couldn't get it to work, but he then
said I should follow the steps to resolve the caching issue. By the time
I did that and deleted the cache in my browser, etc. he must have gone
home, so since then I have been trying everything I can imagine and am
absolutely positive that WE and our browsers are not the problem. So
everyone, we just have to be patient till Bernd comes back to the office
tomorrow morning and fixes whatever is wrong.

Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Even though it is obviously
not my fault I still feel sorry for everyone who, like me, has been
clicking the prototype link and hoping for the last several hours that
it will finally work----although I did take a break to eat supper before
continuing to click ;-)  (OK, only kidding about the perpetual clicking.)
> I tried without any success (on Ubuntu, Sun Java 6):
>       * Sun Java Control Panel: Deleted temporary files (internet cache)
>       * Sun Java Policy Tool: Deleted entry Bernd Eilers
>       * Firefox: Deleted internet cache data
>
> Any further proposals? Nevertheless, thank you Bernd for announcing it
> and - of course - working on the prototype.

At the moment this reminds me of the story "The Emperor's New Clothes".
:-)

> Have a nice day,
> Christoph

You, too!
Liz

> Am Donnerstag, den 13.08.2009, 23:55 +0530 schrieb Ajay:
>
>> Fails to open for me too!
>>
>> Hi Bernd,
>>
>> Bernd Eilers schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
>>>
>>> This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the height
>>> of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less than
>>> before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
>>>
>>> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>>>
>>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp
>>>

>> I get the error:
>> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.
>>
>> Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
>> Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:
>>
>> com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
>> Ressource:
>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
>> gefunden
>>     at
>> com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
>> Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>

>> kind regards
>> Regina

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Bernd Eilers

Hi Regina,

sorry there was an error during uploading the new version.

This has been fixed now.

Please clear your browsers and java webstart cache and try again.

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers

Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Eilers schrieb:
>>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
>>
>> This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the
>> height of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less
>> than before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
>>
>> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>>
>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp
>>

> I get the error:
> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.
>
> Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
> Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:
>
> com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
> Ressource:
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
> gefunden
>     at
> com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
> Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown
> Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
>     at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> kind regards
> Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Regina Henschel
Hi Bernd,

the file is OK now. I can start the prototyp.

kind regards
Regina

Bernd Eilers schrieb:

> Hi Regina,
>
> sorry there was an error during uploading the new version.
>
> This has been fixed now.
>
> Please clear your browsers and java webstart cache and try again.
>
> Kind regards,
> Bernd Eilers
>

> Regina Henschel wrote:
>> Hi Bernd,
>>
>> Bernd Eilers schrieb:
>>>
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> A new version 0.15 of the Prototype has been uploaded.
>>>
>>> This version features smaller buttons and toolbars. Generally the
>>> height of the toolbars of the various variants is now 20 pixels less
>>> than before. This leaves more room for the actual document being edited.
>>>
>>> The new prototype version can be started via the usual webstart url
>>>
>>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jnlp
>>>

>> I get the error:
>> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.
>>
>> Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
>> Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:
>>
>> com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
>> Ressource:
>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jar
>> gefunden
>>     at
>> com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
>> Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
>>     at
>> com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
>>     at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
>>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>

>> kind regards
>> Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Jaron Kuppers
Hi Bernd,
It looks great!  You guys keep on impressing me with how much you have
gotten done in so little time.

I don't know where/if you want people reporting bugs, but I found that if
you try and apply the 4th layout in the layout dropdown that the prototype
freezes.

Cheers,
Jaron

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Regina Henschel <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> the file is OK now. I can start the prototyp.
>
> kind regards
> Regina
>
> Bernd Eilers schrieb:
>

>> Hi Regina,
>>
>> sorry there was an error during uploading the new version.
>>
>> This has been fixed now.
>>
>> Please clear your browsers and java webstart cache and try again.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Bernd Eilers
>>

>> Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bernd,

>>> I get the error:
>>> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden.
>>>
>>> Unsignierter Eintrag in Ressource: ...
>>> Im Tab 'Ausnahme' dann:
>>>
>>> com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag in
>>> Ressource:
>>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/impressprototype/impressprototype.jargefunden
>>>    at
>>> com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
>>>    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
>>>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>>>

>>> kind regards
>>> Regina

Re: new version 0.15 of the prototype

Martin Hanzel
I just got an Asus EeePC 1005HA, so I will be able to test prototypes on a netbook.

Mine is 10-inch, 1024x600 px resolution. The buttons and controls in the prototype feel a bit cramped and unwieldy, with small text and cramped quarters. I can use other applications very well, without the feeling of being cramped an cluttered.

The prototype really needs an overhaul concerning small screen sizes, IMO.

-Martin

Bernd Eilers schrieb:

Hi Regina,

sorry there was an error during uploading the new version.

This has been fixed now.

Please clear your browsers and java webstart cache and try again.

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers

Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Bernd,