about renaissance of openoffice

Andrei Lazarescu
Hello! I am an OpenOffice user and I want to know if on OpenOffice 3.2 will be possible to us to choose the instalation type: with classic menu (like versions until now) or with new menu-similar to MS-Office 2007.
Thank you very much and good luck at working!

Re: about renaissance of openoffice

Bernhard Dippold
Hi Andrei, *

Andrei Lazarescu schrieb:
> Hello! I am an OpenOffice user and I want to know if on OpenOffice
> 3.2 will be possible to us to choose the instalation type: with
> classic menu (like versions until now) or with new menu-similar to
> MS-Office 2007. Thank you very much and good luck at working!

 From the beginning of the development the Renaissance team talked of a
timeframe of several years - I didn't hear anything else than keeping
the present UI at least until the next major version.

So you will have the classic menu for all versions of OpenOffice.org 3.x.x.

OpenOffice.org 4.0 might be the first version with a new UI - but even
this timeframe is not fixed at all.

Best regards

Bernhard