Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Frank Loehmann
Hi,

As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the
thinning out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing specifications I
often discover that many little things had been tested in our prototype.
So I have published a short test-drive video to demonstrate the latest
Renaissance prototype today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Frank

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Impress

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Frank Loehmann
Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience StarOffice
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 882
Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
http://www.sun.de                    mailto:[hidden email]

OpenOffice.org User Experience Team
http://ux.openoffice.org

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH,Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Florian Effenberger
Hi Frank,

Frank Loehmann wrote on 2010-01-21 19.23:
> As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the
> thinning out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing specifications I
> often discover that many little things had been tested in our prototype.
> So I have published a short test-drive video to demonstrate the latest
> Renaissance prototype today:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22

is this "safe to twitter", or do you want to avoid PR buzz? ;)

Florian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-discuss] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Jaron Kuppers
In reply to this post by Frank Loehmann
It looks amazing!  Nice video showing off all the beautiful features.  I
don't know if the world is ready for Renaissance. ;-)

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Frank Loehmann <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the thinning
> out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing specifications I often
> discover that many little things had been tested in our prototype. So I have
> published a short test-drive video to demonstrate the latest Renaissance
> prototype today:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Frank
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Impress
>
> --
> Sun Microsystems GmbH                Frank Loehmann
> Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience StarOffice
> 20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 882
> Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
> http://www.sun.de                    mailto:[hidden email]
>
> OpenOffice.org User Experience Team
> http://ux.openoffice.org
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft:
> Sun Microsystems GmbH,Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Frank Loehmann
In reply to this post by Florian Effenberger
Hi Florian,

Am 21.01.2010 um 19:24 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Frank Loehmann wrote on 2010-01-21 19.23:
>> As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the
>> thinning out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing specifications I
>> often discover that many little things had been tested in our prototype.
>> So I have published a short test-drive video to demonstrate the latest
>> Renaissance prototype today:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22
>
> is this "safe to twitter", or do you want to avoid PR buzz? ;)
>

Focus of Project Renaissance is not on building (new) prototypes today. So we should not make people think that we proceed with general prototyping. The video shows the same prototype (number has only been changed to .18 for signing the package) we have published end of last year. What I wanted to show in the video is what most people never have discovered while trying the prototype themselves. I think we should have done such a video way earlier. Thinning out Impress is what we are focused on now. As longs as this is clear any buzz is welcome :-)

> Florian

Best regards,

Frank

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Vince42-3
In reply to this post by Frank Loehmann
Yo,

[Frank Loehmann - 21.01.2010 19:23]
> As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the
> thinning out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing
> specifications I often discover that many little things had been
> tested in our prototype. So I have published a short test-drive video
> to demonstrate the latest Renaissance prototype today:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22

Is missed the sound - but it's great to see the prototype in action.

--
Cheers,                        \\|//
Vince                          (o o)
----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------------------
 '''   (o)_(o)                                        [ ][0][ ]
 ô¿ô   (=°o°=)   World Domination by Copy and Paste   [ ][ ][0]
  -    (")_(")                                        [0][0][0]

 ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
 /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
                                   Ooo.
---------------------------.ooO----(  )-------------------------
                           (  )    (_/
                            \_)


signature.asc (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Vince!

Am Donnerstag, den 21.01.2010, 23:16 +0100 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Is missed the sound - but it's great to see the prototype in action.

Maybe sound is still in development? ;-)

Bye,
Christoph


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Vince42-3
Yo,

[Christoph Noack - 22.01.2010 00:13]
>> Is missed the sound - but it's great to see the prototype in action.
> Maybe sound is still in development? ;-)

Maybe ... :P

--
Cheers,                        \\|//
Vince                          (o o)
----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------------------
 '''   (o)_(o)                                        [ ][0][ ]
 ô¿ô   (=°o°=)   World Domination by Copy and Paste   [ ][ ][0]
  -    (")_(")                                        [0][0][0]

 ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
 /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
                                   Ooo.
---------------------------.ooO----(  )-------------------------
                           (  )    (_/
                            \_)


signature.asc (203 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Florian Effenberger
In reply to this post by Frank Loehmann
Hi Frank,

Frank Loehmann wrote on 2010-01-21 21.04:
> Focus of Project Renaissance is not on building (new) prototypes today. So we should not make people think that we proceed with general prototyping. The video shows the same prototype (number has only been changed to .18 for signing the package) we have published end of last year. What I wanted to show in the video is what most people never have discovered while trying the prototype themselves. I think we should have done such a video way earlier. Thinning out Impress is what we are focused on now. As longs as this is clear any buzz is welcome:-)

I tried to communicate that in 140 characters. ;-) See
http://twitter.com/floeff/status/8063575445

Florian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Frank Loehmann
Hi Florian,

Am 22.01.2010 um 10:20 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Frank Loehmann wrote on 2010-01-21 21.04:
>> Focus of Project Renaissance is not on building (new) prototypes today. So we should not make people think that we proceed with general prototyping. The video shows the same prototype (number has only been changed to .18 for signing the package) we have published end of last year. What I wanted to show in the video is what most people never have discovered while trying the prototype themselves. I think we should have done such a video way earlier. Thinning out Impress is what we are focused on now. As longs as this is clear any buzz is welcome:-)
>
> I tried to communicate that in 140 characters. ;-) See
> http://twitter.com/floeff/status/8063575445
>
Looks good :-)

> Florian

Best regards,

Frank

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Frank Loehmann
In reply to this post by Vince42-3
Hi,

Am 22.01.2010 01:24, schrieb Vince:

> Yo,
>
> [Christoph Noack - 22.01.2010 00:13]
>    
>>> Is missed the sound - but it's great to see the prototype in action.
>>>        
>> Maybe sound is still in development? ;-)
>>      
> Maybe ... :P
>
>    
I have added some text notes to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22

Best regards,

Frank

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Frank Loehmann
Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience StarOffice
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 882
Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
http://www.sun.de                    mailto:[hidden email]

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-discuss] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Benjamin Horst
In reply to this post by Frank Loehmann
Hey Frank,

Looks great! I've posted it on the ShareOpenOffice.org microblog too:

http://shareopenoffice.org/

-Ben

On Jan 21, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Frank Loehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you might know the Renaissance team is currently working on the thinning out process for Impress 3.3 [1]. While writing specifications I often discover that many little things had been tested in our prototype. So I have published a short test-drive video to demonstrate the latest Renaissance prototype today:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIqhqjwUns&fmt=22
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Frank
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Impress
>
> --
> Sun Microsystems GmbH                Frank Loehmann
> Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience StarOffice
> 20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 882
> Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
> http://www.sun.de                    mailto:[hidden email]
>
> OpenOffice.org User Experience Team
> http://ux.openoffice.org
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft:
> Sun Microsystems GmbH,Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

Benjamin Horst
[hidden email]
646-464-2314 (Eastern)
www.solidoffice.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ux-user interface] Video of Renaissance GUI Prototype

Ajay Shyanbhog
In reply to this post by Frank Loehmann