UI themes in OOo

Tadas Naujokaitis
Hi,
I've seen prototypes of the new UI and they are good. ;) But I think it
would be better that the main color wouldn't be grey. *There could be some
UI themes which come with OpenOffice.org* and also there could be an ability
to use OS theme color. My idea is to make OOo more lively and UI more
customizable. :)

*P.S. I know that prototypes don't show the future colors*

Tadas N.

Re: UI themes in OOo

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Tadas,

thank you for your mail. You already stated that the prototypes don't
show future colors - for certain reasons. Since color (and other things)
are related to very personal judgments which don't consider efficiency,
we tried to remove any beauty until we think the structure is good :-)

Maybe the Renaissance FAQ helps a bit, there we talked about "theming
capabilities" of future versions:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance/FAQ#Unofficial_Statements

And, you may be interested in some proposal of Johannes who proposed
themable application backgrounds (which may distract users, but adds a
bit of fun like Firefox Personas):
http://www.johannes-eva.net/index.php?page=ooo_background

Firefox Personas:
http://www.getpersonas.com

By the way, you are not subscribed to the list, therefore I'll send you
this message to your private address.

Bye,
Christoph