Tabs in design proposals

Andreas Bartel
Hello everyone,

just out of curiousity, did anyone complain about the tabs in the design
proposals? Many or almost all, at least in some way, use tabs to
organize commands, yet I did not hear anyone accusing those who spend
their presious time to propose something of copying our main competitor.
That is odd, to me. What do you think or what do those think who have
serious doubts about the current prototype?

Best,
Andreas

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Andreas Bartel
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 672

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer

Re: Tabs in design proposals

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Andreas,

On 08/25/09 16:33, Andreas Bartel wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> just out of curiousity, did anyone complain about the tabs in the
> design proposals?

There was one comment like that in response to one of the first blogs
about the design proposals. See what e7 wrote here:

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/renaissance_summary_of_ui_design#comments

But back then comments were made by very few people in response to
blogs. Unlike today ;-)

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel

Re: Tabs in design proposals

Jaron Kuppers
property box/tree, but such an interface doesn't meet the needs of the
average user.  You must have a firm understanding of the object (from a
programming perspective) and its properties to interface intelligently with
a property box which is likely why you see such an interface more often in
highly technical programs.  Just my 2¢

Cheers,
Jaron