Strings again :)

André Schnabel
Hi,

I'm just translating the "last minute strings" for OOo 3.1. In strings
for Presenter Console I came across these Keyboard shortcuts:
Alt-Page Up
Alt-Page Down
Ctrl-'1'

In all other places of our application we use
Alt+Page Up
Ctrl+1

(+ instead of - after modifier keys, no quotes for the Key).

Tho whom it may concern - can you plase take care about consistency?

Btw. - I'd guess, we get a problem with the Ctrl+ shortcuts on Mac.
Normally these are Cmd+ . If there is reall yonly one fixed string for
this in the UI, this will be wrong for Mac.

Best,

André

Re: Strings again :)

Christoph Noack
Hi André, hello Andre,

all I know is the wiki page [1] covering the specification of the
presenter screen. Maybe Andre (the iTeam lead) can help here, so I CC
him. As far as I know, Christian (being the UX representative) currently
focuses on other projects.

Bye,
Christoph

[1] [http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Presenter_Screen

Am Samstag, den 07.02.2009, 19:58 +0100 schrieb André Schnabel:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just translating the "last minute strings" for OOo 3.1. In strings
> for Presenter Console I came across these Keyboard shortcuts:
> Alt-Page Up
> Alt-Page Down
> Ctrl-'1'
>
> In all other places of our application we use
> Alt+Page Up
> Ctrl+1
>
> (+ instead of - after modifier keys, no quotes for the Key).
>

> Tho whom it may concern - can you plase take care about consistency?
>
> Btw. - I'd guess, we get a problem with the Ctrl+ shortcuts on Mac.
> Normally these are Cmd+ . If there is reall yonly one fixed string for
> this in the UI, this will be wrong for Mac.
>
> Best,
>
> André

Re: Strings again :)

Sophie-2-2
Hi André,
André Schnabel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just translating the "last minute strings" for OOo 3.1. In strings
> for Presenter Console I came across these Keyboard shortcuts:
> Alt-Page Up
> Alt-Page Down
> Ctrl-'1'
>
> In all other places of our application we use
> Alt+Page Up
> Ctrl+1
>
> (+ instead of - after modifier keys, no quotes for the Key).
>

> Tho whom it may concern - can you plase take care about consistency?

Ain opened the discussion on the documentation list, and Uwe answered
him that the shortcuts should stay as key+key every where (old format
Key-Key should be changed to the new one). So may be you should open an
issue about it?

> Btw. - I'd guess, we get a problem with the Ctrl+ shortcuts on Mac.
> Normally these are Cmd+ . If there is reall yonly one fixed string for
> this in the UI, this will be wrong for Mac.

An may be an issue for this too.

Kind regards
Sophie

Re: Strings again :)

André Schnabel
Hi,

sophie schrieb:

> Ain opened the discussion on the documentation list, and Uwe answered
> him that the shortcuts should stay as key+key every where (old format
> Key-Key should be changed to the new one). So may be you should open an
> issue about it?

The documentation project cannot do much about UI strings. The strings
are in the config file for the Presenter Console (afaik these are
displayed in a special help screen).

Problem is, that I found no current spec about the presenter console.
The spec at [1] is outdated and seems to be unmaintained.
So maybe someone from the UX team has some time and can help here.

André

[1]:
http://specs.openoffice.org/source/browse/*checkout*/specs/www/impress/extensions/PresenterScreen.odt