Re: [marketing] Search at the beginning

Rosana Ardila
Sean,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm forwarding this to the user
experience list.

Regards,
Rosana
On 1/4/11 11:40 PM, Sean Haynes wrote:

> To speed things up – instead of having OpenOffice's search read: *Do you
> want OpenOffice to search the beginning of the document?* – just have it do
> it as a default. Let Microsoft keep their bad interface. In the
> settings/preferences – old users can check a box that reads: *Prompt to
> search beginning of document?* A professional interface design will improve
> your product significantly – users are fed up with poor interface.
>
> Thanks for letting me vent.
>
> Sean Haynes
> SEO Web Designer
> Keokee :: *a marketing communications firm*
> 208.263.3573 x 119

Re: [marketing] Search at the beginning

Frank Loehmann-2
Hi Sean,

Am 05.01.2011 um 10:04 schrieb Rosana Ardila:

> Sean,
>
> Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm forwarding this to the user experience list.
>
> Regards,
> Rosana
> On 1/4/11 11:40 PM, Sean Haynes wrote:
>> To speed things up – instead of having OpenOffice's search read: *Do you
>> want OpenOffice to search the beginning of the document?* – just have it do
>> it as a default. Let Microsoft keep their bad interface. In the
>> settings/preferences – old users can check a box that reads: *Prompt to
>> search beginning of document?* A professional interface design will improve
>> your product significantly – users are fed up with poor interface.
We are currently working on modeless message system (1). This will allow us to show those information in a none interruptive way.

>> Thanks for letting me vent.
>>
>> Sean Haynes

Best regards,

Frank

(1) http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/Projects/NonModalMessageSystem

--

Frank Loehmann | User Experience Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 882

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande