OpenOffice.org 10 year time line and milestones

OpenOffice.org 10 year time line and milestones

DrewJensen
  Hi,

During the marketing conference call, today, 10th Anniversary activities
where discussed. One idea was to put together an updated, and expanded,
history of the project.

To get this started I've taken the liberty to start a page on the Wiki:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/A_Brief_History_Of_OpenOffice.org

The information on the page currently is just a compilation from the
data at two static pages at the main site:
http://de.openoffice.org/about-ooo/about-history.html
http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/milestones.html

I am sending this email to ask folks to help out
- if you have an item that you think should be on this list, please add
it to the wiki page (talk or live...your choice), or drop me a direct
email..or carrier pigeon if that is your preferred mode of communication
(all magical Owls will be warming welcomed)

Other static pages, as first sources, referenced in the call not yet
looked at are:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/press_kit.html
http://marketing.openoffice.org/marketing_bouncer.html
http://de.openoffice.org/about-ooo/about-history.html
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Features#Features_planned_for_OOo_3.3_.28Third_quarter_2010.29
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Testing_3.3

If someone wants to bring some of the line items form these pages to the
new wiki page...by all means do so.

That's it I suppose - thanks - and don't be shy,

Drew

Are you the person that knows everything about every Linux distro? (was OpenOffice.org 10 year time line and milestones)

DrewJensen

> To get this started I've taken the liberty to start a page on the Wiki:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/A_Brief_History_Of_OpenOffice.org

Howdy,

OK - here is your chance to show of:

I would like to generate a spreadsheet that includes the date when
OpenOffice.org hit the different distributions.

- put an empty spreadsheet on the wiki at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:OOo-Linux_rollout.ods

Grab it, update it with what you know and put it back..

Thanks

Drew

ps - now after uploading it - add other OS if you can also (BSD,
Solaris, etc)