ODFToolkit and ODF document statistics

Andreas Bartel
Hi OOo folks,

during OOo Con 2008 some ideas and results on ODF document statistics
were presented. However, in parallel the ODFToolkit was announced. A few
weeks ago I presented my quick-and-dirty approach of an ODF document
analyzer using the ODFToolkit and Java. It can't do much but it is
start. Unfortunately I have not much time, in fact no time at all, to
further improve the few lines of code and add more and better abilities
to generate statistics such as amount of paragraphs, styles, pages, etc.
So the UX team is still looking for someone who can grab the existing
code and make something valuable out of it. We hope that sooner or later
we can use this tool to gain kwowledge how ODF documents are structured,
what is frequently used and how things occur in the documents. So, we
appriciate any assistence.

Best regards,
Andreas

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:ODFToolkit

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Andreas Bartel
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 672

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer

Re: ODFToolkit and ODF document statistics

Christoph Noack
Hi everybody,

I still like the idea below (*), because it makes the data collection
somehow complete and will be valuable for many UX decisions we don't
have data today. So my question: Was there any feedback concerning the
development of such a tool?

If not, is there anyone (reading/listening) who is able to develop java
code? Having some time? And may be interested to have an impact on our
UX work? (I've read a few times that some people on this list do have
such skills, so don't be shy... My relationship to Java is simple: I
love drinking it.)

Bye,
Christoph

(*) I also attended the IBM presentation, and there some other really
(really) interesting scenarios to use such a tool...