New user interface

mikefitzvw
Hello,
     I would like to caution you on changing the user  interface of
OpenOffice.org.  I specifically switched to OpenOffice.org  because I hated
Microsoft Office 2007 and your toolbars were a welcome  relief.  I am sure there
are many like me.  As a high-school student,  I can tell you nearly all of my
peers hate the ribbon with a passion.

     Please Please Please at the very least give the  user an option to
switch between the  "classic" toolbar and the new  one.  Not during a
transition period, but forever.  I am quite happy,  do not consider the classic menus
"dated" at all, and they are my primary reason  for choosing your office
software.

I hope I have been helpful,
-Michael Fitz

Re: New user interface

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your input. We appreciate it.
I especially like knowing what group of users you belong to. I think
there are very few if any high school age users on the UX list, so I am
glad to hear feedback from that group of users.

Thanks again for your support of OOo.

Liz

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel