New Writer interface

C Drini
I've been working on a new, easier to use, and simpler interface for Writer. I can't program, so all I have is an image of what I wanted it to look like. The most important things that should be taken from this are the Most Used Features/Recently Used Features section in the top bar. I think they would be extremely useful. Also take note of the "Search Features" in the top-right-corner. This virtually eliminates the need for any menus. (created in Inkscape) I like to call it Stark:
The text is just from Writer's wikipedia article. Is it worth developing? any comments?

P.S. I don't expect the final version to have just text in the Most used features section, but I'm not that great at icon design, so I just left it as text.

P.S.S. I sent a similar e-mail to [hidden email], but it's been about two weeks with no reply, so I thought I'd try sending it here.

Re: New Writer interface

Andreas Bartel-2
Welcome,

did you send an attachment? Cause attachments don't work here. Would you please provide a link to your mock-up? That would be great!

Looking forward!
Andreas

Am 12.08.2010 um 19:29 schrieb C Drini:

> I've been working on a new, easier to use, and simpler interface for Writer. I can't program, so all I have is an image of what I wanted it to look like. The most important things that should be taken from this are the Most Used Features/Recently Used Features section in the top bar. I think they would be extremely useful. Also take note of the "Search Features" in the top-right-corner. This virtually eliminates the need for any menus. (created in Inkscape) I like to call it Stark:
> The text is just from Writer's wikipedia article. Is it worth developing? any comments?
>
> P.S. I don't expect the final version to have just text in the Most used features section, but I'm not that great at icon design, so I just left it as text.
>
> P.S.S. I sent a similar e-mail to [hidden email], but it's been about two weeks with no reply, so I thought I'd try sending it here.

Andreas Bartel | User Experience Engineer
Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 672
Oracle OFFICE GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande