New GUI for OOo/Libreoffice....

Mike Houben
Hey you all, I'm starting to make some scratches, but i need some help with
your ideas from your point of vue.

You knew the GUI of Microsoft's Office and the one Apple has done. Have you
some things you like to have also in the GUI of our app?
do you like to have other things that they don't have?
what do you don't like about our GUI?
....?

Thanks for your help :)

Mike

Re: New GUI for OOo/Libreoffice....

Irné Barnard

Re: [tdf-discuss] New GUI for OOo/Libreoffice....

Claus Agerskov
Mike Houben skrev:
> what do you don't like about our GUI
I can see that these questions has been asked on both the LibreOffice
and OpenOffice.org discuss mailing lists.

As a coming LibreOffice user I would like general look and feel of the
current GUI but with small changes like color tones and similar.

This way it will generally look and feel like using OpenOffice.org but
with a sense that it is new.

The most enjoyable greetings

--
.: Claus Agerskov :: [hidden email] :: +45 27 59 69 96 :.
.: Robinievej 129 :: DK-2620 Albertslund :.

Re: New GUI for OOo/Libreoffice....

Rajeev Bhatta
 Hi.. I think this is my first ever reply to this list.. although i have
been part of this discussion for quite sometime.. just started to be
cognizant of time management..

I really liked the design proposals proposed on the wiki page.. I think
although some ideas seemed to be influenced from the lotus symphony and
MS Office, they are really good. Has a decision been made on what is the
new User Experience is going to be like.

I really like the stability and ease provided by OO.o but it needs a UI
redesign. I would like to post my thoughts on the mockups too.. is it
possible still?

Please do let me... would like to contribute as much I can and improve OO.o.

Thanks

On 10/02/2010 08:57 AM, Irné Barnard wrote:

> [...]

Email: [hidden email]
Ph: 704-759-6413

Re: New GUI for OOo/Libreoffice....

Andreas Bartel-2
Hi Rajeev,

welcome back :-) !

We certainly can talk about interesting UI ideas for OpenOffice.org. However, anything related to LibreOffice will be decided elsewhere, I'd guess.

Though Project Renaissance have chosen a different, more interative path to an overall improvement of usability of the UI in OpenOffice.org, you are very much welcome to post anything related to the UI. If have any ideas, please upload them where is most convinient for you, and announce it here on the list.

Looking forward to check out your ideas!

Regards,
Andreas

Am 05.10.2010 09:39, schrieb Rajeev Bhatta:
[...]

Andreas Bartel | User Experience Engineer
Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 672
Oracle OFFICE GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande