List Gone Quiet?

Michael Pless
Hi everyone,

this list has essentially been inactive for well over a week now, has
something occurred that is reducing the quantity of postings?

The list mechanisms seem to be okay.

Cheers,

Michael P

Re: List Gone Quiet?

Miroslav Mazel
Hi Michael,
There's a lot of activity over on the branding mailing list, if you're
interested. I think it has a lot to do with UX: for example, there's
currently an interesting discussion about and I guess an unofficial call for
proposals on the Start Center.

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Michael Pless <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> this list has essentially been inactive for well over a week now, has
> something occurred that is reducing the quantity of postings?
>
> The list mechanisms seem to be okay.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael P

This is a site which donates money to a custom charity when you search
(Google or Yahoo!): http://www.neoaid.com/

Re: List Gone Quiet?

Michael Pless
Hi Miroslav,

thanks for letting me know, will see about hunting it down. Not sure how
much I can offer, because I am no graphic designer - things I try
generally look awful.

But what has happened to this list? Is it dead? If so I'll unsubscribe.

Cheers,

Michael P

Miroslav Mazel wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> There's a lot of activity over on the branding mailing list, if you're
> interested. I think it has a lot to do with UX: for example, there's
> currently an interesting discussion about and I guess an unofficial call for
> proposals on the Start Center.
>
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Michael Pless <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> this list has essentially been inactive for well over a week now, has
>> something occurred that is reducing the quantity of postings?
>>
>> The list mechanisms seem to be okay.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Michael P

Re: List Gone Quiet?

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Michael,

On 05/10/10 07:36, Michael Pless wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> thanks for letting me know, will see about hunting it down. Not sure
> how much I can offer, because I am no graphic designer - things I try
> generally look awful.
>
> But what has happened to this list? Is it dead? If so I'll unsubscribe.

Definitely not! Please stay. I think that things are indeed a bit quiet
as Miroslav said....many people are interested in the very hot topic of
branding and are taking their valuable time to where the action is. Not
to mention that the Better Defaults project did not want list activity,
but directed the input and comments to the wiki page. I was out sick,
then on a short vacation and next week it a short week because of
Thursday being a public holiday in Germany (and most people taking
Friday off to make a long weekend out of it). Christoph Noack has been
very busy with Branding and Community Council and his day
job...including being stranded due to the volcanic ash cloud----I wish
*I'd* been stranded in the USA! Lucky guy ;-). Other people probably
have similar reasons for not communicating as much. I know, I know:
excuses, excuses! ;-) We are a small community though, so when one or
two people are not as active as usual, it is noticeable.

Have you been reading the GullFOSS blog? Here is the last one I wrote:
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/thanks_for_suggesting_better_default

HTH,
Liz

> Cheers,
>
> Michael P
>
> Miroslav Mazel wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>> There's a lot of activity over on the branding mailing list, if you're
>> interested. I think it has a lot to do with UX: for example, there's
>> currently an interesting discussion about and I guess an unofficial
>> call for
>> proposals on the Start Center.
>>
>> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Michael Pless
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> this list has essentially been inactive for well over a week now, has
>>> something occurred that is reducing the quantity of postings?
>>>
>>> The list mechanisms seem to be okay.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Michael P

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz