Link to an External Proposal

Frank Loehmann
Hi,

I just want to point you to a proposal I have received by e-mail. Exca
(his synonym) read about Project Renaissance in the German c't
magazine[1] and was really excited by the approach from Andreas
Schuderer. Please have a look at his proposal:

http://www.NeoFront.net/ooo

Exca is not on our UX mailing list, so please keep him on cc if you want
to give feedback to Exca.

Best regards

Frank

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Press_Coverage

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Frank Loehmann
Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience StarOffice

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH,Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Juergen Kunz

Re: Mouse gesture context menu [was: Link to an External Proposal]

Bernhard Dippold
Hi Frank, all,

thanks for this link!

Exca - thanks for reviving this great idea and creating such a detailed
proposal [1]. It took quite a while until I recognized, that the
Tech-Demo is integrated in the main proposal page (I thought it was just
an image). On my Ubuntu with wireless mouse (a combination that doesn't
work all the times as expected) the sub-menus open only after releasing
the mouse button. As the proposal describes a different (IMHO better)
reaction, I think it's broken here.

I'd liked to try the gestures for the sub-menus...

Looking at Andreas' approach from last May [2] this idea was one of
several points he described in his mockup.

I tried to find any comments on this specific part of his mockup in the
archives, but didn't find any during the next 4 weeks.

Is this approach still an idea to keep in mind?

I strongly support it!

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Exca - it would be great, if you could find the time and interest to
join this group and subscribe to this mailing list...

[1]: http://www.neofront.net/ooo/
[2]:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Proposal_by_Andreas_Schuderer&oldid=129741#Direct_Manipulation_and_Mouse_Gestures
scroll down to point e)

Frank Loehmann schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to point you to a proposal I have received by e-mail. Exca
> (his synonym) read about Project Renaissance in the German c't
> magazine[1] and was really excited by the approach from Andreas
> Schuderer. Please have a look at his proposal:
>
> http://www.NeoFront.net/ooo
>
> Exca is not on our UX mailing list, so please keep him on cc if you want
> to give feedback to Exca.
>
> Best regards
>
> Frank
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Press_Coverage

RE: Mouse gesture context menu [was: Link to an External Proposal]

exca -

Hi, thanks for the feedback =)

Your system is not broken. As I wrote, the rightclick was not to 'abuse' for my proposal. I forgot to write, that the gestures dont work in the techdemo, because flash doesn't recognize, if you release the mouse if it's not above the button you started to drag. I'll change the text in some minutes, sorry for that.

If I find time and it is required, I'll try to build a working gesture-navigation. I used Flash, cause it's availble for most operatingsystems and pretty small.

Also I will join the mailing-list, just found out where to.

Greetings, exca ^^

--------------
[1]: http://www.neofront.net/ooo/
[2]:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Proposal_by_Andreas_Schuderer&oldid=129741#Direct_Manipulation_and_Mouse_Gestures
scroll down to point e)

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1004xIE82
Sicher und anonym surfen? Der Internet Explorer 8 macht es möglich!

Re: Link to an External Proposal

exca -

Reply to Frank Loehmann <[hidden email]>
Subject: Link to an External Proposal

"Exca is not on our UX mailing list, so please keep him on cc if you want
to give feedback to Exca."

Due to some comments i recieved, I fixed some text and maybe I get the techdemo to work
in both ways of navigation (gesture and step by step).

Greetings, exca =)
http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M1004xWin72
Windows 7 - Alles was Du brauchst und noch viel mehr!