Introduction

Rekenber Glastenheim
Even if you have successfully subscribed to the mailing list, we still don't know about your background, reasons for joining, comments or ideas on OpenOffice.org's future.

So, get in touch with us by introducing yourself:

Hello to all! I am Lyon Apostol, a Filipino, age is 18, currently a Computer Science student.

I was wandering around the OpenOffice.org site when I saw the UX Project Page; I joined for the reason that discussing things like UI is somewhat of my interest.

I was using OOo before (specifically Writer and Impress), and it was okay, though the menu titles confused me (since I have transitioned from Office07 to OOo).

Since I am very new here, I hope I could also learn a lot from you guys.

Cheers,

Lyon Apostol

Re: Introduction

Bunty Surcouf
Hello to all,

I'm Bunty SURCOUF, age 25,  high school and university teacher. Under
OOo since 2007 and UBUNTU LUCID since 2008. Joined this group to bring
in some way my contribution by reporting bugs and others ideas for OOo
improvement. Feel very concerned with the developement of Openoffice.
May be not too important for you, I'm anti Microsoft !!!

Bunty

Le 14/06/2010 07:23, Rekenber Glastenheim a écrit :

> Even if you have successfully subscribed to the mailing list, we still don't know about your background, reasons for joining, comments or ideas on OpenOffice.org's future.
>
> So, get in touch with us by introducing yourself:
>

> Hello to all! I am Lyon Apostol, a Filipino, age is 18, currently a Computer Science student.
>

> I was wandering around the OpenOffice.org site when I saw the UX Project Page; I joined for the reason that discussing things like UI is somewhat of my interest.
>

> I was using OOo before (specifically Writer and Impress), and it was okay, though the menu titles confused me (since I have transitioned from Office07 to OOo).
>

> Since I am very new here, I hope I could also learn a lot from you guys.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Lyon Apostol

Welcome! (was: Re: [ux-discuss] Introduction)

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Bunty, hi Rekenber,

I'll take the chance and say "welcome" to you both on our mailing
list ... and especially our team. Although there aren't too many
discussions here, there is something going on.

If you have a look at the Renaissance project page, then you'll might
notice that there are also weekly IRC meetings and also fresh
presentations. Concerning the latter, you might be interested what we
did ... so - if you like - have a look at the LinuxTag 2010 slides. Liz
and I are currently collecting some impressions and will provide a blog
post, soon.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Presentations

Again, thanks for joining. If you have questions, well, there are many
people on this list who are listening :-)

Bye,
Christoph

Am Dienstag, den 15.06.2010, 20:24 +0400 schrieb Bunty Surcouf:

> Hello to all,
>
> I'm Bunty SURCOUF, age 25,  high school and university teacher. Under
> OOo since 2007 and UBUNTU LUCID since 2008. Joined this group to bring
> in some way my contribution by reporting bugs and others ideas for OOo
> improvement. Feel very concerned with the developement of Openoffice.
> May be not too important for you, I'm anti Microsoft !!!
>
> Bunty
>

> Le 14/06/2010 07:23, Rekenber Glastenheim a écrit :
> > Even if you have successfully subscribed to the mailing list, we still don't know about your background, reasons for joining, comments or ideas on OpenOffice.org's future.
> >
> > So, get in touch with us by introducing yourself:
> >

> > Hello to all! I am Lyon Apostol, a Filipino, age is 18, currently a Computer Science student.
> >

> > I was wandering around the OpenOffice.org site when I saw the UX Project Page; I joined for the reason that discussing things like UI is somewhat of my interest.
> >

> > I was using OOo before (specifically Writer and Impress), and it was okay, though the menu titles confused me (since I have transitioned from Office07 to OOo).
> >

> > Since I am very new here, I hope I could also learn a lot from you guys.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Lyon Apostol

Re: Introduction

Hi Bunty,

Welcome to the list. The more the merrier

Kind regards,
Liz

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Re: Introduction

Hi Lyon,

Welcome to the UX list! You will indeed learn lots from reading this
list, and we hope to learn from you as well.

Kind regards,
Liz