Hello again

Connor Montgomery
Hi Everyone!

I apologize for my lack of activity in the last few months. I got very busy with school, and just couldn't devote any time to OOo. I'm on summer break now, and am looking forward to helping make OOo's UX the best it can possibly be.

With that being said, I am going to draft up a possible layout or two for the UX planet [1], and begin working on that like I previously said.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Best, and talk to you all soon,

Connor

[1] http://planet.services.openoffice.org/ux/

Re: Hello again

Ivan M
Hi Connor,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Connor Montgomery
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I apologize for my lack of activity in the last few months. I got very busy with school, and just couldn't devote any time to OOo. I'm on summer break now, and am looking forward to helping make OOo's UX the best it can possibly be.

No problem - we all contribute what we can, when we can (a few months
flew by already? The older you get, the faster time seems to fly...)
We've made progress on drafting the branding guidelines, so please
have a look and see how they can be incorporated into the design of
the planet (this might be a good test case to try them out):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative/branding_guidelines_draft

> With that being said, I am going to draft up a possible layout or two for the UX planet [1], and begin working on that like I previously said.

Please don't spend too much time on the details - we will likely have
a number of design iterations (incorporating feedback, etc), so at
this stage, rough mockups will do just fine.
When you upload your design(s), please send an email to the Branding
list as well.

> I hope everyone is doing well!
>
> Best, and talk to you all soon,

Thank you Connor, we look forward to seeing your vision of the
planet's future :)

Regards,
Ivan.

Re: Hello again

Elizabeth Matthis
Good to have you on the job, Connor!

Looking forward to your draft,
Liz

On 05/11/10 03:06, Ivan M wrote:

> Hi Connor,
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Connor Montgomery
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>> I apologize for my lack of activity in the last few months. I got very busy with school, and just couldn't devote any time to OOo. I'm on summer break now, and am looking forward to helping make OOo's UX the best it can possibly be.
>>

> No problem - we all contribute what we can, when we can (a few months
> flew by already? The older you get, the faster time seems to fly...)
> We've made progress on drafting the branding guidelines, so please
> have a look and see how they can be incorporated into the design of
> the planet (this might be a good test case to try them out):
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative/branding_guidelines_draft
>

>> With that being said, I am going to draft up a possible layout or two for the UX planet [1], and begin working on that like I previously said.
>>

> Please don't spend too much time on the details - we will likely have
> a number of design iterations (incorporating feedback, etc), so at
> this stage, rough mockups will do just fine.
> When you upload your design(s), please send an email to the Branding
> list as well.
>

>> I hope everyone is doing well!
>>
>> Best, and talk to you all soon,
>>

> Thank you Connor, we look forward to seeing your vision of the
> planet's future :)
>
> Regards,
> Ivan.

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz