Feedback on Dialogue Box

kushal likhi
hi,
.
i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one HTML
Export filter for Impress.
For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the same.
.
you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are under
"point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
Link to Wiki Page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
.
regards
Kushal Likhi

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

Hood Family
Hi Kushal,
How about this idea to simplify it?:

- Remove the picture at the top left.
- Move the Profile selection down onto the first tab, above the template
selection.
- Remove "20 Templates Found" as it is unnecessary.
- Remove "Choose a template from the list below" as this should be
obvious from the title ("Select Template").  If it isn't obvious enough,
reword the title.
- Replace the scrolled list box (or whatever it is called) with a
spinbox (I think that is the right term - the thing you're using on the
Resolution tab).
- Put the Preview (and the details of the template) below this.
- Remove Auto Mode, Text View, Notes View and Index from the details of
the template, and instead grey out the relevant options if these aren't
possible with the selected template.
- Possibly put the template Description in the list of template details
(i.e. to the right of the preview, not below it).
- Put the Options and the Resolution settings on the right side of the
first tab.  (Note that you could replace the "Enable HD View" checkbox
with a [Disabled] option in the spinbox to save space).
- Put the Info and Archive settings on the second tab.

If you like I could do a mockup on the weekend... it's well past
midnight here, and I've got a nasty 'flu :(

Regards,
Alister

kushal likhi wrote:

> hi,
> .
> i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one HTML
> Export filter for Impress.
> For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
> i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the same.
> .
> you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are under
> "point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
> Link to Wiki Page:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
> .
> regards
> Kushal Likhi

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

Frank Loehmann-2
Hi Kushal,

Sorry for answering so late.

Am 06.10.2010 21:40, schrieb kushal likhi:
hi,
.
i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one HTML
Export filter for Impress.
For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the same.
.
you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are under
"point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
Link to Wiki Page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
.
I will make a review of the dialog proposals by tomorrow.
regards
Kushal Likhi
Best regards,

Frank

--

Frank Loehmann | User Experience Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 882

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

kushal likhi
hi,
.
thanks.. i will look forward for the review. :)
.
one more thing, kindly note there are two proposals on the wiki page...
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues

my personal vote is with the first one(without tabbed control). but i am
open for any amendments and suggestions. :)
.
regards
kushal likhi

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Frank Loehmann
<[hidden email]>wrote:

>  Hi Kushal,
>
> Sorry for answering so late.
>
> Am 06.10.2010 21:40, schrieb kushal likhi:
>
> hi,
> .
> i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one HTML
> Export filter for Impress.
> For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
> i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the same.
> .
> you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are under
> "point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
> Link to Wiki Page:http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
> .
>
>  I will make a review of the dialog proposals by tomorrow.
>
> regards
> Kushal Likhi
>
>  Best regards,
>
> Frank
>
> --
>
> <http://www.oracle.com/>
> Frank Loehmann | User Experience Manager
> Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 882
> Oracle OFFICE GBU
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 | 20097 Hamburg
>
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>
> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven
>
> <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>
>
> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect
> the environment

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

Frank Loehmann-2
Hi,

Am 12.10.2010 17:41, schrieb kushal likhi:
hi,
.
thanks.. i will look forward for the review. :)
.
one more thing, kindly note there are two proposals on the wiki page...
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues

my personal vote is with the first one(without tabbed control). but i am
open for any amendments and suggestions. :)
That is also my personal thought on the HTML export UI. Tabs or a Wizard makes it IMHO more complex than it should be. We discovered the same with the PDF export in OOo. The first shot of the dialog was a reduced and usable interface and then the additional features were implemented and made the then tabbed dialog bloated.
.
regards
kushal likhi
Best regards,

Frank
[hidden email]wrote:

[...]

I have added a first wire frame mock-up (Option 3) to your wiki page:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues

There are many questions open for me, i.e. regarding the export resolution.

Feedback welcome.

Best regards,

Frank

P.S. I am out of the office for the rest of this week. So talk to you
next week.

Am 12.10.2010 17:41, schrieb kushal likhi:

> hi,
> .
> thanks.. i will look forward for the review. :)
> .
> one more thing, kindly note there are two proposals on the wiki page...
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
>
> my personal vote is with the first one(without tabbed control). but i am
> open for any amendments and suggestions. :)
> .
> regards
> kushal likhi
>

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Frank Loehmann
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>>   Hi Kushal,
>>
>> Sorry for answering so late.
>>
>> Am 06.10.2010 21:40, schrieb kushal likhi:
>>
>> hi,
>> .
>> i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one HTML
>> Export filter for Impress.
>> For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
>> i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the same.
>> .
>> you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are under
>> "point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
>> Link to Wiki Page:http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
>> .
>>
>>   I will make a review of the dialog proposals by tomorrow.
>>
>> regards
>> Kushal Likhi
>>
>>   Best regards,
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> --
>>
>> <http://www.oracle.com/>
>> Frank Loehmann | User Experience Manager
>> Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 882
>> Oracle OFFICE GBU
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG | Nagelsweg 55 | 20097 Hamburg
>>
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>>
>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven
>>
>> <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>
>>
>> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect
>> the environment

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

Andreas Bartel-2
Hello Kushal,

thanks a lot for your work and patience so far. Sorry for taking it so
long. But this week, we were again just to busy and did not have enough
time to discuss your dialig box design. Frank and I will talk about it
on Monday and let you know what we think about your proposals.

Thanks again!

Have a nice weekend!
Andreas

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

kushal likhi
hi,
.
Not at all a problem, . i have one more proposal, and will update on the
wiki along the others.
.
Thanks and Regards
Kushal Likhi
.
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Andreas Bartel
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello Kushal,
>
> thanks a lot for your work and patience so far. Sorry for taking it so
> long. But this week, we were again just to busy and did not have enough time
> to discuss your dialig box design. Frank and I will talk about it on Monday
> and let you know what we think about your proposals.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Have a nice weekend!
> Andreas

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

kushal likhi
hi,
.
thanks a lot for the input,
i really liked the option 4, by Alister Hood, but even i feel that we can
get rid of the Profiles as they are not much helpful as suggested by many,
and add the blue HTML Export image on the top(as shown on the option 5) :) i
personally like it.
.
what do others think???
.
i will do a mock up and add on the wiki this weekend.
.
regards and thanks
kushal likhi

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Hood Family <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi again,
> I've added a proposal to the wiki.
> I suggest that if the user chooses to save an archive it should be given
> the same name that they choose in the next dialogue (I presume there is a
> second dialogue where they choose where to save it?).
>
> I notice Frank's proposal omits the "profile" feature.  Personally I can't
> imagine profiles getting a lot of use.  What do others think?
>
> Alister
>

> kushal likhi wrote:
>
> hi,
> .
> Not at all a problem, . i have one more proposal, and will update on the
> wiki along the others.
> .
> Thanks and Regards
> Kushal Likhi
> .
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Andreas Bartel<[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>  Hello Kushal,
>
> thanks a lot for your work and patience so far. Sorry for taking it so
> long. But this week, we were again just to busy and did not have enough time
> to discuss your dialig box design. Frank and I will talk about it on Monday
> and let you know what we think about your proposals.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Have a nice weekend!
> Andreas
>

>   Am 06.10.2010 21:40, schrieb kushal likhi:
>

>  hi,
>
> .
> i am doing my summer internship with OpenOffice.org, i am building one
> HTML
> Export filter for Impress.
> For this filter, i have prototyped a settings Dialogue box.
> i would like to get feedbacks on it and your expert guidance on the
> same.
> .
> you can find the dialogues on the wiki page of the project. they are
> under
> "point 5" i.e. "Proposed Settings Dialog".
> Link to Wiki Page:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Proposed_Settings_Dialogues
> .
> regards
> Kushal Likhi

Re: Feedback on Dialogue Box

Andreas Bartel-2
Hi Kushal,

I have uploaded a mockup. Here is the link:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/Projects/2010/Customizable_html_export_for_Impress#Option_6

Have a look.

Thanks a lot!
Andreas

Am 22.10.2010 16:38, schrieb kushal likhi:
hi,
.
[hidden email]wrote:

[...]

Andreas Bartel | User Experience Engineer
Phone: +49 (0)40 236 46 - 672