A suggestion with a mock-up

Miroslav Mazel
Hi everyone,
Here's the idea: http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/distractions/
Although the days of Renaissance brainstorming are long gone, I'm hoping
there's always the option of adding some Impress UX ideas. Comments and
criticism highly appreciated :)

Re: A suggestion with a mock-up

Elizabeth Matthis
Hi Miroslav,

Note: May 13th was a public holiday in Germany so that meant long
weekends for many of us.

On 05/13/10 19:32, Miroslav Mazel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Here's the idea: http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/distractions/
> Although the days of Renaissance brainstorming are long gone, I'm hoping
> there's always the option of adding some Impress UX ideas. Comments and
> criticism highly appreciated :)

In a related message, you requested that someone please show that your
suggestion in this message was noticed.
It was. Thanks for the very detailed mock up.

Best,

Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Re: A suggestion with a mock-up

Miroslav Mazel
:)
Thanks.

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Elizabeth Matthis <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Miroslav,
>
> Note: May 13th was a public holiday in Germany so that meant long weekends
> for many of us.
>

> On 05/13/10 19:32, Miroslav Mazel wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> Here's the idea: http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/distractions/
>> Although the days of Renaissance brainstorming are long gone, I'm hoping
>> there's always the option of adding some Impress UX ideas. Comments and
>> criticism highly appreciated :)
>>

> In a related message, you requested that someone please show that your
> suggestion in this message was noticed.
> It was. Thanks for the very detailed mock up.
>
> Best,
> Liz
>
> --
> Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
> Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience Engineer
> 20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500
> Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
> http://www.sun.com                   mailto:[hidden email]
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

This is a site which donates money to a custom charity when you search
(Google or Yahoo!): http://www.neoaid.com/

Re: A suggestion with a mock-up

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Miroslav,

I had a second look at your proposal ... and I still need a bit help to
understand it. I got the idea with the last "new" slide (good!) and some
others, too.

But to be honest, I am still trying to figure out the exact difference
of the speaker Notes and the Outline. To me it seems, that it is the
"floating" text along with the links to the slides. What comes to my
mind is, that there might be an outline view (like today) which may
contain further text (or other) elements that doesn't appear in the
slides. Today, it is rather hard to get some kind of (easily) structured
"script" along with the slide. Either you have separate comments
(bubbles), or notes text (separate from the content) or additional text
on the slides.

Well, I already talked more than I initially thought - I just wanted to
ask a simple question :-) But maybe it helps to develop this idea a bit
further.

Am Sonntag, den 16.05.2010, 22:30 +0200 schrieb Miroslav Mazel:

> :)
> Thanks.
>
> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Elizabeth Matthis <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Miroslav,
> >
> > Note: May 13th was a public holiday in Germany so that meant long weekends
> > for many of us.
> >

> > On 05/13/10 19:32, Miroslav Mazel wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >> Here's the idea: http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/13/distractions/
> >> Although the days of Renaissance brainstorming are long gone, I'm hoping
> >> there's always the option of adding some Impress UX ideas. Comments and
> >> criticism highly appreciated :)
> >>

> > In a related message, you requested that someone please show that your
> > suggestion in this message was noticed.
> > It was. Thanks for the very detailed mock up.
> >
> > Best,
> > Liz
> >
> > --
> > Sun Microsystems GmbH                Elizabeth Matthis
> > Nagelsweg 55                         User Experience Engineer
> > 20097 Hamburg                        Phone: (+49 40)23646 500
> > Germany                              Fax:   (+49 40)23646 550
> > http://www.sun.com                   mailto:[hidden email]
> >
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> > Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
> > Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Re: A suggestion with a mock-up

Miroslav Mazel
Hi Christoph,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Miroslav,
>
> I had a second look at your proposal ... and I still need a bit help to
> understand it. I got the idea with the last "new" slide (good!) and some
> others, too.
>
> But to be honest, I am still trying to figure out the exact difference
> of the speaker Notes and the Outline. To me it seems, that it is the
> "floating" text along with the links to the slides. What comes to my
> mind is, that there might be an outline view (like today) which may
> contain further text (or other) elements that doesn't appear in the
> slides. Today, it is rather hard to get some kind of (easily) structured
> "script" along with the slide. Either you have separate comments
> (bubbles), or notes text (separate from the content) or additional text
> on the slides.

Exactly. Basically, the outline is supposed to keep a user from creating
slides with too much text by giving him/her another place to enter the
backbone of the presentation in. This way, the presenter could use this
paper or computer outline to guide his presentation without forcing his
listeners to read text on a slide (this puts focus off the presenter, as
it's pretty hard to both listen and read at the same time).
This outline could be printed, saved with the presentation (older OOo
versions would show it as speaker notes, and the speaker notes from older
OOo versions would be shown here), or exported as a document.
The old Outline view should, in my opinion, be made into an extension and
pulled out of OOo, as it encourages presentations to have a lot of text.