3 screencasts about Documents, Spreadssheets and Presentations

3 screencasts about Documents, Spreadssheets and Presentations

Nicolas Pujol
Here, 3 more screen-casts about the Apple's products :

- iWork (Writer) : 3:01 length  (8 Mio)
2-Screencast_Pages.mov<http://dl.free.fr/tARHxpBvS>
- Keynote (Impress) : 5:07 length (12.5 Mio)
3-Screecast_Keynote.mov<http://dl.free.fr/rZWsBPPvm>
- Numbers (Calc) : 5:30 length (8 Mio)
4-Screencast_Numbers(1:2).mov<http://dl.free.fr/jI6DfV3Zm>
- Numvers (Calc) : 2:03 length (3.9 Mio)
4-Screencast_Numbers(2:2).mov<http://dl.free.fr/p6SE9V0iK>

I tried to show how the products can be used. I hope some of you will be
interested.

Re: 3 screencasts about Documents, Spreadssheets and Presentations

Nicolas Pujol
When I used the iWork suite (I made a mistake, the Writer product designed
by Apple is Pages) I asked myself why OpenOffice have so many menus and
submenus because that's hard to find the good thing in there. The answer is
simple : you can't do so many things with iWork suite than with OpenOffice.
But who really used all of that ?

Did you think to split the famous things used by 80% of people and the
others for the power users ? Maybe there are something to do in this area.
Do you know how for what OpenOffice is used most of type ?

2009/8/18 Nicolas Pujol <[hidden email]>

> Here, 3 more screen-casts about the Apple's products :
>
> - iWork (Writer) : 3:01 length  (8 Mio) 2-Screencast_Pages.mov<http://dl.free.fr/tARHxpBvS>
> - Keynote (Impress) : 5:07 length (12.5 Mio) 3-Screecast_Keynote.mov<http://dl.free.fr/rZWsBPPvm>
> - Numbers (Calc) : 5:30 length (8 Mio)  4-Screencast_Numbers(1:2).mov<http://dl.free.fr/jI6DfV3Zm>
> - Numvers (Calc) : 2:03 length (3.9 Mio) 4-Screencast_Numbers(2:2).mov<http://dl.free.fr/p6SE9V0iK>
>
> I tried to show how the products can be used. I hope some of you will be
> interested.

Re: 3 screencasts about Documents, Spreadssheets and Presentations

Nicolas Pujol
I'm sorry, the last sentence should be "Do you know for what OpenOffice is
used most of time ?".

2009/8/18 Nicolas Pujol <[hidden email]>

> When I used the iWork suite (I made a mistake, the Writer product designed
> by Apple is Pages) I asked myself why OpenOffice have so many menus and
> submenus because that's hard to find the good thing in there. The answer is
> simple : you can't do so many things with iWork suite than with OpenOffice.
> But who really used all of that ?
>
> Did you think to split the famous things used by 80% of people and the
> others for the power users ? Maybe there are something to do in this area.
> Do you know how for what OpenOffice is used most of type ?

Re: Re: 3 screencasts about Documents, Spreadssheets and Presentations

Christoph Noack-4
Hi Nicolas,

thank you very much for the screencasts! From my point of view, it would
be sufficient to address one mailing list, only - that's far more easy
to respond to it.

Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 23:05 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Pujol:
> I'm sorry, the last sentence should be "Do you know for what OpenOffice is
> used most of time ?".

As already Microsoft published some years ago, people to only use only a
fraction of the available features - but each of those users requires a
different set of features. That makes it so hard to judge what is
required and what not.

To better understand what capability (more or less features) is
required, we did and do some research on that. This is "Phase I -
Research" in Renaissance:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Phase_1

Hope this helps,
Christoph